Saturday, April 26, 2014

Artichoke or Arti-Joke?

So if you ever read my blog you know it consists of pretty much one thing. Lincoln, Lincoln and Lincoln! I rarely venture onto anything else but the other day Devin and I cooked an Artichoke for the very first time and I couldn't resist telling you about it.  First off, has anyone ever bought an artichoke, not artichoke hearts, not artichoke from a can but an entire artichoke? Well we were out shopping and saw them on sale and since we try and eat decently healthy we decided we would pick up a couple. We got them home and put them in the fridge and every day or so I would pull it out look at it, realize I had no idea how to cook it and put it back. Finally, Devin and I decided we were going to eat it. We made a yummy aioli sauce and set out to cook our Artichoke. I couldn't believe how many steps it took just to cook an artichoke but then I scrolled down and there was even more steps -with pictures- on how to eat an artichoke. I discovered only about a tenth of the artichoke is actually edible and the work to get to it is pretty much ridiculous. Devin and I joked we now know why people prefer potato chips. There is only two steps. Open and Eat! (no pictures required). 

This is all the parts of the artichoke you can't eat!

Well I opened the fridge the next day and saw another whole artichoke sitting there and almost cried. Luckily I found a better use for this one!  Lincoln loved playing with his "ball" and it kept him occupied the entire time as I made a real dinner...Hamburger Helper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment