Thursday, January 15, 2015

Quick as Lightning

Quinn Kenney
January 7, 2015
7 lbs. 9 oz.
20 inches
Quinn wasted no time in coming into the world! My water broke at 11:22 and by 12:46 she made her grand entrance. We checked into the hospital at 12:07 and were sent to the triage room to check me out and see if I could be admitted. Unfortunately, the Dr. was delivering another baby so after the nurse asked me what felt like a zillion questions, took my blood pressure and measured my contractions--she said they were strong--she left and said the Dr. would be in to check me in a few minutes. (but that I would probably be admitted) Ha, probably!
 
Well, she left and we started waiting. She had only been gone a few minutes and, well, the contractions hurt and I was impatient, but I hadn’t been in the hospital that long and I didn’t want to be that person you know, the nuisance that constantly rings the nurses. So I remember asking Dev what he thought. We couldn’t decide so I called my Mom (that's pretty much what we do every time we can't decide on something whether it's "Should we buy these extra baby socks?" or "Hey, I'm in labor. Should I call the Doctor?"). At 12:38, I talked with my Mom who encouraged me to call in the nurses and see if they could give me anything for pain or do anything for me.
12:40, I hung up from my mom and pushed the button for the nurses. Dev told them what was going on and they came in. The first thing the Dr. said to me was don’t push. Almost instantly four or five other people magically appeared into I have to say quite a small little room. I was pretty impressed they all fit. One suggested moving me into another room and I suggested giving me some pain medicine, but the Dr. shut us all down and said there was no time, I was having this baby. Poor Devin ended up in the corner up by my head. A few short minutes later, at 12:46, six minutes after I hung up from my Mom, Quinn made her grand entrance into the world. The funny part was that just at that moment Devin had turned to put his coat down or get the camera and he missed the whole thing. In fact, afterwards Dev says he had no idea she was born until I said “Oh my look at all that hair” and he turned, thinking to himself "How does she know. . . ?" and looked down where the Dr.’s were working not realizing the baby was already in my arms.
On account of the speed of delivery, we looked into names that meant fast or quick, but they were all really ugly (sorry to all the Mercury’s and Min’s of the world) so we decided on Quinn our quick little Quinnby.
 









Lincoln went from kissing my belly to kissing his new baby sister. He's been really cute with her!



Lincoln was spoiled by his Aunt Diane who gave him his own big boy laptop since he was now a big boy brother!




No comments:

Post a Comment