Saturday, January 30, 2016

Christmas

The Christmas Season isn't complete without a trip up to Grandma Merrill's House! 



Christmas Eve...



Writing Letters to Santa






Reading the Christmas Story from Luke is one of my favorite Christmas Ever traditions. It was especially fun this year to have family around. This time we had the kids act out different parts of the Christmas story. Sam was Mary and Lincoln was Joseph. The best part was when it came to when Jesus was born we grabbed a nearby stuffed animal to use as the baby Jesus. Lincoln was not happy to say the least. "Not Ga" (the way he says Jesus) he kept saying. So we grabbed a baby doll wrapped in a blanket. Lincoln was not convinced. We kept telling him to pretend but he would have none of it. He said "no pretend not Ga" (Jesus). We finally went to my mom's nativity and got her baby Jesus! The kids loved taking turns putting him into the manager. What a hoot!


Christmas Morning...




Santa didn't disappoint. He came with all kinds of goodies for us this year!

Quinn was so funny when she woke up Christmas Morning she didn't quite know what to think especially that big bear. To begin with she wouldn't touch it. She just kept crawling close then backing away and reaching out to it, like she wanted it but was afraid to actually touch it!



She was not shy when it came to Lincolns gift. She grabbed his basketball and wouldn't let go!

Lincoln didn't quite know how to handle the basketball hoop. He wanted letters and made sure to tell us that. Luckily Santa pulled through with letters in his stocking!


















Every year Devin has made me something for Christmas, he's painted me pictures, made me things out of wood, re-finished an old wood table and this year he made me the most amazing buttermilk syrup and cookie butter. YUM!!














Christmas Day...

Christmas was such a good day. We spent the rest of the day at Grandpa and Grandma Kenneys where we and the kids were completely spoiled with all kinds of fun gifts and surprises and an amazing meal Robin got up early to prepare for us! (unfortunately I didn't get any pictures, this is a reminder to Robin to send me some) It was the best Christmas I have had in a long time. I love being by family and around those we love most especially on the Holidays!

The Day after Christmas...

The day after Christmas we spent the day with my family where we continued the festivities and spoiling. I think my favorite is all the kids helping open up everyone's presents. Kids make Christmas so much fun.


This picture might not seem that exciting, but its actually a Christmas miracle. This is the closest Quinn has been to my brother without crying. In fact she is even looking at him. 


I wish I would have videotaped Lincoln's reaction when they opened Quinn's present (yes you can't tell but this was actually Quinn's present from my sister Diane) He freaked out he was so excited!


Lincoln ended the day in style, taking turns driving around his cousins Christmas gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment