Sunday, April 19, 2015

Bird Banding

So, Devin found this really cool bird-banding activity on campus this weekend. He took Lincoln on Friday and it was so awesome that as a family we all went back Saturday. They set up nets to catch the birds; then they band their legs, weigh them, and measure them for research before freeing them. The birds are so cool up close and I was amazed to see how beautiful they really are. Devin and Lincoln loved the birds--Linc even got to touch a couple--and I found the entire thing quite fascinating. They let the kids help with the entire process: even putting them in their hands to let them loose. 










Of course no Daddy outing would be complete without a treat, in this case Spartan Ice Cream with a look at the creamery equipment.  I mean, whodoesn't want to eat ice cream at 10:00 in the morning?








Dev took these pictures of Quinn (with Linc's owl) and since she didn't make it into this post I thought I might as well add them here. I mean an owl is a bird so it pretty much fits the theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment